Programme schedule: May 28
Registration time: From 13:00
Registration venue: Kaiyo Nature Museum “Marine Jam” (海洋自然博物館マリンジャム)
13:30 Opening ceremony and race briefing at Kaiyo Nature Museum “Marine Jam”
14:00 Race starts
15:10 Award ceremony and distribution of a meal at Kaiyo Nature Museum “Marine Jam”
Races: The races are timed in each designated course
Categories: (i) male tandem (ii) female tandem (iii) mixed tandem (iv) parent and child tandem (v) male single with his own kayak (vi) female single with her own kayak
Kayak to be used: Recreational kayak or sit-on-top kayak for two people will be prepared by the organizer for (i) to (iv) and sea kayak with a floating structure should be prepared by yourself for (v) to (vi) (surf ski and racing kayak can be acceptable, too. Be sure to set some buoyant material in a kayak if the kayak allows water to fill the inside).
Goal time-limit: 70 mins. (However, if you are obviously far behind other competitors, you may be instructed to withdraw from the race based on the judge’s decision)
Timekeeping: The race will be manually timed.
Awards: The 1st to 3rd winners in male and female categories will be awarded. A supplementary prize will be given to only the 1st winner in each category.
Cancellation: Due to the nature of outdoor sports, the course may be changed or the race may be cancelled due to a number of conditions including weather etc. The race organizers will make the decision as to whether the race goes ahead or not at 5pm the day before the race day, according to the latest weather forecast. The decision will be announced on the race website. Even if the race goes ahead, it may be cancelled if there are sudden weather changes. In the case of race cancellation, please note that the entry fee will not be refunded.
The following will amount to disqualification:
- Failure to comply with the above race content and rules
- In violation of the race rules and not following the directions and instructions of the referee, staff, and race organizers
- It is prohibited to receive assistance from others during the race
- Anyone found to be destructive of nature or the environment, will be immediately disqualified.
-Race details may be subject to change. Please check the website for updates to race info and content.
- If you are injured during the race, the race organizer may carry out initial first aid treatment and relief, but takes no other responsibility. However, an accident insurance the organizer has subscribed will cover the case.
-Bring your health insurance card with you on the race day.
- The race organizer reserves the right to use and publish photos, pictures and articles which may appear in newspapers, TV and the Internet in relation to the event, including images of participants, and other publication rights etc.